Listen to the FULL podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Spotify, or Stitcher
How to Learn from Mistakes While Growing Your Grant Writing Business
with President Rodney Walker of Grant Central USA
By Holly Rustick
If you have a grant writing business, or you want to become a grant writer, then this interview is gold for you!
“The best way to get to success is through failure, and really, embracing failure” - Rodney Walker
In this week’s episode, you’ll learn all about:
- Rodney’s background and how he got started with grant writing
- The very first grant that he got funded
- At what point in the process do grant writers get paid?
- Rodney's onboarding process for new clients
- How he got his very first grant writing client
- Choosing your ideal client ,and who is not your ideal client
- How to provide value to your clients when you're just getting started
- 2 big things every business and organization MUST do to succeed
- The first BIG mistake Rodney made (and how you can avoid it!)
- Should you focus on branding your business or branding yourself?
- Is there enough room in the market for new grant writing businesses?
- The most valuable investment that you can make in yourself and your business
- Improving your mindset to overcome the fear and doubt
- Using a vision board to reinforce positive messages
Watch the full YouTube Interview with Holly & Rodney
“Be brave. Be bold. Be brilliant.”
Rodney Walker is the President of Grant Central USA and is a highly sought-after, Grant Development Systems™ expert that helps thousands of organizations nationwide to get funded! With over 14,000 members in his online discussion group, he influences and inspires people to do a better job of telling their organizational stories to become more attractive to funders.
He has helped his clients raise over $357 million in grants and conducts The Ultimate Grant Writing That Gets Funded training workshops nationwide to empower nonprofits, governmental agencies, and individuals on the best ways to secure grant money. They also host the Education Grants Conference that trains schools and districts on today’s best practices in winning educational grants at EducationGrantsConference.com
A few of his clients have included United Way, Habitat for Humanity, The Magic Johnson Foundation, the Bush Foundation, Hawaii State Teachers Association, and numerous school districts and city governments. Other celebrity clients have included, Danny Glover and Ben Guillory. Rodney has appeared on ABC, NBC, and CBS News for his work in education and in hundreds of grant training videos and produces numerous award-winning resources at GrantCentralUSA.com
You can learn more about Rodney and his business on his website or by connecting with him on LinkedIn.