$1K into $15K in 1 Month: How This Freelance Grant Writer Did It
Have you ever known deep in your gut what your dream is, but you aren’t currently living in it?
Or maybe you commit to living your dream but don’t even know where to start.
If you could sit down and have coffee with someone who turned $1,000 into $15,000 during the pandemic while helping others and working less, then would you?
Because today we are doing just that as we listen to Dr. Omotola Akinsola share all her secrets and how she overcame challenges.
But even if you are not looking to open a freelance grant writing biz, and you run a nonprofit, you will also want to catch this as she is going to spill all in how she has also continued to grow a thriving nonprofit after doing a needs assessment. Due to that, her nonprofit has served more than 8,000 students and teachers in Nigeria.
This episode is definitely for you if:
- You want to start or grow a nonprofit
- You want to turn leads from being those that ghost you into high paying customers
- You are a parent and need to balance running a business with being home with your kids
- You want to find out how to price and charge clients
- You want to be inspired because you need something positive to listen today (yes, Tola is that amazing!)
- You want a free coupon on Tola’s Grant Writing Made Easy for Nonprofit! Click here.
Dr. Akinsola shares behind-the-scenes on:
- How she grew up in poverty in Nigeria and followed her dreams by taking big risks
- How the education strike made her start to do her own personal and professional development
- Her Fab 6 heroes include: Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, and her parents
- How she burned all her bridges to do massive things
- Why and How she did a focus group before launching a nonprofit
- How she opened a nonprofit in Nigeria while being a student in the States
- How her nonprofit in Nigeria has trained more than 8,000 students and teachers
- When and how she opened her freelance grant writing biz: The Funding Magnet
- How she created a product after talking to 300 nonprofits
- How the Freelance Grant Writing Master Course changed her business and she 15X her investment within a matter of months
- How she has diversified her streams of income
- How she learned how to create passive income
- How she learned her value and how to price
- How a one-hour consultation helped her raise $5,000 for her nonprofit
- How she realized she was wasting her time with dead leads and started getting clients with less drain
More about Dr. Akinsola
Omotola has over seven years of experience as both an in-house grant writer and as a freelance grant consultant to various nonprofit organizations across the United States and the continent of Africa. A Social Worker by trade, Omotola combines her passion for education, youth, leadership, homelessness, community service, nonprofits and social entrepreneurship with her skills as a writer and researcher.
Omotola holds a master’s from George Warren Brown School of Social Work at Washington University in St. Louis. She focused on nonprofit development, social enterprise development & management, grant writing, and fundraising during her master’s and received a specialization in social entrepreneurship. She earned a bachelor’s in social work with a double minor in leadership studies and psychology from Columbia College. She is completing her Ph.D. in Social Work from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Her interests are in educational & economic disparities, international youth development, youth unemployment, youth asset development, community development, social entrepreneurship, mentoring, and nonprofit management & fundraising.
She founded JumpStart Dream Academy, a nonprofit organization in Nigeria that works with youth to develop them into agents of positive change. She has worked and consulted for various nonprofit organizations in different capacities such as creating and designing programs, evaluating programs, structuring nonprofits to run effective, budgeting, grant proposal writing and reviews, and coming up with fundraising strategies.
Omotola is sold out to helping young nonprofit organizations be a force for good and guiding nonprofits in getting funded and being effective.
Where you can find Dr. Omotola Akinsola:
Nonprofit: JumpStart Dream Academy
FREE Guide for GW&F Changemakers (YOU!): Click here