Discover Diverse Funding for Your Nonprofit Organization
Is your nonprofit struggling financially? Do you only get grants or only do fundraising?
If you nodded your head to either of these questions, you will definitely want to check out this episode.
And if you are a nonprofit board director, executive director, or even a freelance grant writer looking to expand your services, then this podcast is for you.
Guess who is back on the Grant Writing & Funding podcast with me this week? Dr. Beverly Browning! Woot-woot! In this podcast, we discover diverse funding streams for your nonprofit, and we discuss the following:
- How your board of directors can contribute financially
- Why your start-up nonprofit should do monthly fundraisers and how it doesn’t have to be hard
- Why it’s critical your nonprofit is on Guidestar.org
- How you can get money to start a nonprofit
- How you can raise $40,000+ in more than a year
- What your funding should consist of (it’s not all grants)
- Why social media is intertwined with funding opportunities
If you are looking to improve your nonprofit’s financial portfolio and, heck, just get some ideas that will help increase your funding, then make sure to check out this podcast.
- #147: Critical Red Flags to Avoid When Starting or Growing a Nonprofit: Click here.
- #148: Strategic Plan Must-Haves to Stop Chasing the Money: Click here.
- #108: Freelance Grant Writing Wisdom with Dr. Beverly Browning. Click here.
- #118: Freelance Grant Writer Panel: Grant Writing During COVID-19. Click here.
- #119: BONUS Freelance Grant Writer Panel: Grant Writing During COVID-19 Q&A. Click here.
Dr. Beverly A. Browning has been consulting in the areas of grant writing, RFP responses, technical writing, and organizational development for over four decades. She has assisted clients and workshop participants throughout the United States in receiving awards of more than $500 million. Dr. Browning is the author of 43 grant-related publications, including six editions (over 1 million books sold) of Grant Writing For Dummies™ (Wiley.com). She is also an international trainer and keynote speaker. In 2015, she was selected by the Centers for Disease Control NICRD division to conduct a five-day Grant Writing Boot Camp in South Africa for ministers of health and other top-level health directors from 23 African countries.
Dr. Browning holds graduate and post-graduate degrees in Organizational Development, Public Administration, and Business Administration. She has been a grant writing course developer and online facilitator for Cengage Learning (www.ed2go.com) for 17 years. Her online courses (taught to thousands of students annually) are Advanced Proposal Writing, Becoming a Grant Writing Consultant, and A to Z Grant Writing: Part 2 – Beyond the Basics.
Dr. Browning is Founder and Director of the Grant Writing Training Foundation and CEO for Bev Browning, LLC. She was a 17-year member of the Grant Professionals Association (GPA) and has presented training workshops and keynote presentations for multiple GPA chapters U.S.-wide. In 2017, Dr. Browning joined the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and was a workshop presenter at their 2018 International conference in New Orleans. She is an approved trainer for GPA and CFRE International.
Dr. Browning has been married 53 years to John and has one daughter, Lara, a licensed therapist, and a special needs granddaughter, Aaliyah.
Connect with Beverly:
To find out more about Dr. Bev, check out http://bevbrowning.com/
Or find her on LinkedIn where she facilitates a group at https://www.linkedin.com/in/bevbrowning/
Watch the Full Episode of This Week’s Podcast!