Why You Cannot Guarantee Grant Award Funding as a Grant Professional
A common question I get, as a grant professional, from nonprofit clients, is, “Can you guarantee that the grant you write for us will get awarded?”
There are a number of reasons that I say no. Very simply put, here are a few of the determining factors:
1) It depends also on the nonprofit’s capacity and experience in winning and managing grants that depend on their competitiveness with getting a grant awarded.
2) It depends on how well the grant project aligns with the priority of the funding source.
3) It depends on how ‘trendy’ the project is with current funding overall.
4) It depends on how many grant applications the funding source receives.
These are just a few, but there are many more reasons.
Listen to this week’s podcast to hear them all and how you can respond to this question!
- Ep. 160: 2 Questions You Should Ask Before Getting a Grant Writing Certificate: Click here.
- Ep. 159: 7 Myths That You Need to Know About Grants & Freelance Grant Writing: Click here.
- Ep. 135: 1K into 15K in 1 Month: How This Freelance Grant Writer Did It: Click here.
- Ep. 161: How Grant Research Can Be a Service You Offer a Nonprofit Client: Click here.
Send Holly an email at email@example.com
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read all of them!
To learn more and increase your skills:
Click here to check out Holly’s Signature Courses
To pick Holly’s brain:
Click here to book your 1:1 Call with Holly