I know. You still want a magic monetary number.
Well, I am going to do you one even better.
To help you identify what to charge as a freelance grant writer, I’ve got my friend Mandy Pearce on the podcast this week.
She is absolutely amazing and is going to give you:
- her experience,
- what she tells clients she coaches, and
- share case studies so you can identify what YOU want to charge as a grant writer.
And for you nonprofit organizations out there, you will better understand what to budget so you can outsource grant writers.
About Mandy Pearce
In 2009, visionary, Mandy Pearce, founded her flagship company, Funding for Good, to equip organizations with all of the skills and tools needed to become successful and sustainable.
She continues to enjoy evolving this company to meet the changing demands of the nonprofit world. For over two decades, Mandy and her team of experts have shared their proficiency in fundraising through executive coaching, strategic and development planning, seminars and specialized consulting programs.
Mandy’s dynamic teaching style has brought thousands of people to her presentations at conventions, training workshops and online platforms. Mandy established Funding for Good, Inc. upon the core values of honesty, efficiency, direct communication and bringing sustainable dollars to local communities.
Mandy lives in Hickory with her husband, Ricardo, and their two furbabies, Dalli and Max. She and Ricardo also own and operate a successful landscaping and custom woodworking company, Two Green Thumbs and More (twogreenthumbsandmore.com). On her decompression days, she enjoys working in their garden, sipping sweet tea on their porch swing with a good magazine and cooking gourmet meals for their family and friends.
What We Talk About:
- How Mandy got started with Funding for Good
- How to structure how much to get paid as a freelance grant writer
- Why freelance grant writers think nonprofits can’t pay fees
- Why consultants should also offer free content
- Why free scholarships don’t work
- How to know what you’re worth as a freelance consultant
- Why mindset is so important for freelance grant writers
- When hiring a freelance grant writer (outsourcing) is better for a nonprofit than hiring an employee
- How to increase your prices as a freelance grant writer
- Why discovery calls should be vetted and only 15 minutes
Ways to Connect with Mandy